Kia Ora - New Zealand S1 :: 100% pure New Zealand adrenalin!
Concession price: A$1,350.00A$1,350.00 per person
No upcoming departures
The south island of New Zealand's spectacular landscape provides the backdrop to some of the world's best adventure and adrenalin activities. This 9 day / 8 night trip takes in the best of what the South Island has to offer by including some awesome activities while also giving you the free time to do more. Our local Kiwi guide will make sure you get to experience as much as possible of this stunningly beautiful country. Kia Ora will truly reveal to you the beauty of this friendly, majestic country.
There are no upcoming departures scheduled for this trip.
Please contact us to find out when we're running this trip next
Use the Send button below to invite your friends
to join you on this trip...
Itinerary...Night 1 - Pre departure (Sat 15 April)Arrive at the centrally located hostel in the garden city of Christchurch, New Zealand, anytime on this day. Your Tour Guide will be based at the accommodation and will hold a Welcome Meeting at 8pm. (24 hour check in service at reception) and your name will be on the Colourful Trips list. Be up early the next morning for the start of your adventure!
Includes: accommodation, welcome meeting
Following the city tour we’ll then embark on one of New Zealand’s most scenic drives across the Shaky Isles of the South Island with plenty of surprise stops along the way. We’ll then arrive at Lake Tekapo which is the largest of 3 stunning turquoise blue lakes in the central South Island. Head to the Tekapo Hot Springs, so you can sit back, relax and soak in a stunning natural setting with views over the snow-capped Southern Alps.
Later on we’ll head up to Mt John which is known as the best observatory site in New Zealand because of its high number of clear nights throughout the year, the stability and transparency of the atmosphere and uniquely dark skies in the Mackenzie Basin.
Dinner this evening is self-catered and your guide will recommend places at Lake Tekapo.
Includes: coach travel, surprise stops, accommodation, breakfast, lunch, entry to the Tekpo Hot Spring, Mt John Observatory
Enjoy free time this afternoon to explore the rest of the town as you like and if you are unsure then just check with your guide what’s on offer – we highly recommend mountain biking around the lake or hire a kayak or paddleboard to get out on the water.
Enjoy a quintessential kiwi BQ this evening organised by your guide.
Includes: coach travel, surprise stops, accommodation, breakfast, BBQ dinner, guided hike.
We arrive into Queenstown early afternoon and you’ll enjoy a walking orientation tour of the town with free time to plan and explore the adventure capital of New Zealand!
Includes: coach travel, surprise stops, accommodation, and breakfast
This afternoon you have free time and there’s no shortage of things to do! From Bungy Jumping to Skydiving, Zip Lining, Canyoning, White water rafting, Kayaking and many more, this is also a hot spot for any Hobbit or Lord of the Rings fans that may want to embark on a tour of Middle Earth.
Lovers of the great outdoors are spoilt for choice with an abundance of fantastic hikes and mountain bike trails around the area too. Whatever takes your fancy, your tour guide will be able to help with suggestions and arrangements, and ensure you make the most of your time here.
Tonight we enjoy dinner at Fergburger – an absolute must do! Following dinner it’s time to check out the bars of Queenstown with an abundance on offer including entry to the famous Ice Bar!
Includes: accommodation, breakfast, dinner, Shotover Jet Boat, Queenstown Bar Crawl
If you fancy kicking back and chilling then your guide will arrange some low cost or free activities on the lakefront.
Dinner tonight is self-catered and your guide will provide advice and options galore.
Includes: accommodation, breakfast
Later this afternoon we’ll head over to Skyline Queenstown and take a Gondola to 450 meters above Queenstown where you can marvel at the epic views. We’ll then check out the Luge which is a must-do activity! After Luge we’ll take you on a cultural journey of New Zealand as you step into the world of Maori and learn about the customs and traditions, including the world famous Haka!
Following Skyline, we head into town and enjoy a group dinner in Queenstown.
Includes: accommodation, breakfast, dinner, return gondola ride, 3 luge passes, Maori Cultural Experience
Includes: coach travel, accommodation, sheep shearing display, breakfast, lunch, dinner
Price of A$1,350.00 includes...
- All accommodation (8 nights)
- All transport
- Expert Tour Guide
- Surprise stops along the way
- Entry to Tekapo Hot Springs
- Visit to Mt John Observatory lookout
- Guided Hike Wanaka
- Guided tour of Cardrona and Arrowtown
- Shotover Jet
- Bar Crawl Queenstown to include Ice Bar
- Skyline return gondola, 3 Luge rides, Maori Haka Cultural experience
- Sheep Farming experience
- Daily Continental Breakfasts
- 4 Evening Meals
- 2 Lunches
- Organisation and booking of optional activities in Queenstown (own expense)
- This tour does not include airfare to/from Christchurch
- Travel insurance is compulsory and and must provide cover against personal accident, medical expenses, emergency repatriation and personal liability. We also recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects.
- In the event of your withdrawal from a holiday after the commencement as a result of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. Unfortunately no refunds can be made for absences from a tour, including but not limited to missed flights, adventure activities, meals or sightseeing.
- Under no circumstances can Colourful Trips be held responsible for extreme weather conditions, nor can any holiday be cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of extreme weather conditions.
- It is the responsibility of each passenger to arrange suitable pre and post tour transport and accommodation to connect with and complete each tour. Any delays in connections are not the responsibility of Colourful Trips and it will be the responsibility of the passenger to catch up the tour, if required, at their expense.
- If you need to cancel any tour you must notify us of that cancellation in writing or by email and charges apply.
- No refund applies to non attendance, cancellations or transfers 30 days prior to a trip departing.
- A 20% administration fee will apply to non attendance, cancellations or transfers greater than 30 days prior to departure.
|Make sure you bring:||Booking confirmation - printed or on screen
Comfortable walking shoes
Warm/wet weather clothing
Towel & Toiletries
|Pick-up Points:||YHA Christchurch|
|Departs:||Arrive Christchurch anytime on the pre departure day|
|Drop-off Points:||YHA Christchurch|
|Duration:||9 days / 8 nights|