Canberra :: Explore our unique capital city!
- Colourful trip is the best organisation privately run, recommended to us by our relatives staying in Sydney. Our father traveled to Canberra by same in 2008, and now we travelled this year, we had the best experience and they dropped us at the closest spot which was very convenient.we would always recommend and trust you as our first preferred option. BEST WISHES.
- It was an excellent trip, well organised and enough time to get an overview of Canberra. I would definitely recommend this trip. Many thanks!
Adult price: A$149.00
Concession price: A$129.00
Our Canberra day tour will take you over the mountains into the Australian 'bush' and Australia's sheep country. Canberra is unlike any other capital city and you have to visit it to understand why. World class attractions, amazing architecture and futuristic planning all play their part in making Canberra one of the world's most modern and progressive cities.
Lunch is at your own expense and options are limited, we recommended that you pack your lunch with you.
With so many things to see and do in Canberra, as well as the Highlights listed, we give you almost 2 hours free time to check out two other world class attractions.
Choose from the following and enjoy the experience!
- National Gallery of Australia - free
- National Museum of Australia - free
- 1 x night's 4 share dorm accommodation at Canberra YHA
- continental breakfast
- return coach transfer back to Sydney at 2pm on Day 2
From mid-September to mid-October please book the Canberra + Floriade Day trip
Use the Send button below to invite your friends
to join you on this trip...
- National Parliament House
You'll feel the might and privilege of our Australian democracy as our guide takes you through this architectural masterpiece costing $1.1 billion. From the inner halls of power to walking on the roof, this is an amazing building.
More about: National Parliament House
- Australian War Memorial
A time of reflection as you discover the legends of Gallipoli, the ANZACs, the sacrifices and losses suffered by Australians in past wars fought around the world.
More about: Australian War Memorial
- National Museum of Australia
Controversial and popular, Australia's most modern museum has won national awards with its interactive mix of exhibits and displays highlighting Australia's diverse history and culture.
More about: National Museum of Australia
- National Gallery of Australia
The premier art gallery and museum in Australia holding over 120,000 works of art from all around the world, including Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art. This is an alternative option to visiting the National Museum of Australia.
More about: National Gallery of Australia
- National Embassies
We'll take you to Yarralumla, for a close look at many national embassies, each one unique and designed to reflect aspects of the country's culture.
- Mount Ainslie
Take in the impressive 360-degree views over the capital city and surrounding mountain ranges of Canberra.
- Captain Cook Memorial Jet
See the spectacular 145 metre high spire of water soaring above Lake Burley Griffin.
- Tour of Parliament House More...
- Visit to Australian War Memorial More...
- Option to visit the National Gallery or National Museum of Australia More...
- All highlights and activities More...
- Friendly and helpful driver/tour guide More...
- Comfortable, modern transport More...
- Informative commentary and world music More...
A quick dinner stop may be had on the return journey depending on time.
|Make sure you bring:||Booking confirmation - printed or on screen
Comfortable walking shoes
Warm/wet weather clothing
|Returns:||Sydney Central YHA 8.30pm (only drop off)|