Join our Hunter Valley tour and take a wine crawl through Australia’s oldest wine production region.
- Wine tastings at three cellar doors
- Behind-the-scenes wine making tour*
- *Enclosed shoes must be worn for the wine making tour
Experienced Driver Guide
- Return transport in an air-conditioned mini bus
- Detailed commentary about Sydney harbour icons
- Complimentary beverage (beer, wine, or soft drink)
- Cruise on air-conditioned luxury catamaran
- Restaurant lunch including a glass of wine, beer, or soft drink
Departure Day(s): Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
Sydney Harbour & Hunter Valley Wine Tour Summary
Combine some of the best things to do in Sydney in this one package! Wine crawl through the countryside in Australia’s oldest wine production region – the Hunter Valley. From internationally renowned cellar doors to historic wineries, you taste up to 20 wines, enjoy a delicious restaurant lunch, and see the beauty that makes this region so popular on our Hunter Valley day tour. Enjoy a two-hour relaxing sightseeing cruise on Sydney Harbour. Cruise past the major sites and attractions around the harbour including the Opera House and million-dollar homes. You will be absolutely amazed as you cruise under the magnificent Harbour Bridge on this cruise!
Hightlights – Hunter Valley (Day 1)
Our day starts nice and early with your 7:30 am Sydney pick-up. Get to know your group and before you know it, we cross the Sydney Harbour Bridge and are on our way to the Hunter Valley!
- Private Group Wine Tastings – Visit traditional wineries where you taste up to 20 different wines including red, white, sparkling, and dessert wines. These local experts explain the wine making process and the qualities and character of every wine you taste. You’ll be an expert in no time!
- Wine Making Tour – Our first stop is a ‘behind-the-scenes’ wine making tour where you learn more about the process and knowledge that goes into making wine. Then it’s into the cellar door to stimulate your taste buds! **Please note that this is a working winery so if wine is in production, we cannot do the guided tour. In this case, you receive an extensive wine tasting experience**
- Lunch – Enjoy a delicious restaurant lunch with the choice of many different meals to tempt your taste buds and suit all dietary requirements. Relax with a glass of wine, beer, or soft drink in hand as you take in the beautiful scenery that is the setting for our lunch, a world-class champion golf course. With stunning rolling hills, lakes, and vineyards what more can you ask for?
- Cellar Doors – With over 100 wineries and cellar doors to choose from, visiting a local Cellar Door is a must. Taste an array of different wines that are only available at the cellar door, you can even take a bottle home as a souvenir. Learn the history behind each winery and why the Hunter Valley region is one of Australia’s best known wine regions.
Highlights – Sydney Harbour Cruise (Day 2)
Today, you cruise our beautiful Sydney Harbour, what a great way to get to know the city! Check in at King Street Wharf at 2 pm for a 2:15 pm departure. You cruise around Sydney for two hours and return to the wharf at 4:15 pm.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge – Cruise under the world-famous bridge – twice guaranteed.
- Sydney Opera House – See the magnificent Sydney Opera House up close and take some fantastic photos.
- Sydney Harbour – See where the rich and famous live and have lots of “selfie” moments as you cruise this spectacular Harbour.
- Guided commentary – Up to date and detailed commentary is given along the way of the Harbour’s history and iconic locations.
- Beverage – Enjoy a complimentary wine, beer, or soft drink as you take in the sights.
- Additional beverages on board the cruise
Bondi Junction @ 7:00am. In front of the Meriton Serviced Apartments near Grafton St exit from Bondi Junction Train Station
Kings Cross @ 7:10am. In front of the Holiday Inn, 203 Victoria St, Potts Point behind Kings Cross Station
Central Station, St Laurence Church @ 7:25am. Meet at the front entrance of St Laurence Church, 812 George Street, near Central Station.
Circular Quay – Macquarie Place Park @ 7:45am. In front of the Obelisk, corner Loftus St and Bridge St.
Day 1 – Sydney Central @ 6:30pm
Day 2 – King St Wharf, Darling Harbour @ 4:15pm