If you book our Port Stephens day tour, we promise to show you paradise.
Port Stephens Whale Watching
Experience Whale Season
- Experienced driver guide
- Return air-conditioned vehicle transfers from Sydney to Port Stephens
- Sandboard the impressive Stockton Sand Dunes
- Whale Watching Cruise (2.5 hours)
- Majestic 360-degree coastal lookouts
Departure Day: Sunday
- Flexible 100% refundable + no fees for changes
- Saver Non-refundable + $30pp fee for changes
Whale Watching Tour Summary
Every year between June and October, close to 10,000 humpback and minke whales migrate along the East Coast of Australia. Witness the greatness of these extraordinary creatures on our whale watching trip in Port Stephens, and spot some of the dolphins that live in these waters.
However, we treat you to more than whale watching only. We also take sandboarding down the largest dunes in the Southern Hemisphere!
- One of our awesome guides will pick you up early in the morning, and soon you’ll find yourself going over the Sydney Harbour Bridge towards the mid-north coast of New South Wales. We have a brief refreshment stop on the way.
- Our first destination is Birubi Point, at the northern end of 30km long Stockton Beach. Here you jump in a big 4WD and cruise over the huge Anna Bay dunes to find the biggest drops possible to go down. Embrace the challenge, take a deep breath and whizz down huge the sand dunes on a boards especially designed to fly down sand!
- After a break for lunch (own expense), you board a boat to go whale watching. The Australian whale watching season runs from June to October, so if you get the chance to book this tour, you’re in luck! Plenty of whales will be playfully showing off some acrobatics as they make their way along the coast for their annual migration!
- Back in Nelson Bay, enjoy some free time to browse the local shops, buy an ice-cream or souvenir and take in the relaxed, friendly coastal local atmosphere.
- We complete the day with a stop at a lookout with majestic views over the coast and hinterland looking north along more stretches or pristine beaches.
- Lunch (bring a packed lunch or grab one at one of the Nelson Bay cafes)
Central Station, St Laurence Church @ 7:15am. Meet at the front entrance of St Laurence Church, 812 George Street, near Central Station.
Sydney Town Hall – St Andrew’s Cathedral @ 7:30am. Bathurst St, 50 metres from cnr of George & Bathurst St
Circular Quay – Macquarie Place Park @ 7:45 am. In front of the Obelisk, corner Loftus St and Bridge St
We’ll drop you back off at your pick up location or in the city @ approximately 7:30pm