For the very best views of the annual whale migration, join our Port Stephens Whale Watching Tour!
Port Stephens Dolphin Day Trip
Paradise On Earth!
- Experienced and friendly tour guide
- Informative commentary
- Return air-conditioned vehicle transfers from Sydney to Port Stephens
- Dolphin watching cruise (1.5 hours)
- Go sand boarding at Stockton Beach and Anna Bay Sand Dunes
- Free time for swimming (conditions permitting)
- Lunch (bring a packed lunch or grab lunch at one of the Nelson Bay cafes)
- 360-degree coastal lookouts
Departure Day: Sunday
- Flexible 100% refundable + no fees for changes
- Saver Non-refundable + $30pp fee for changes
Port Stephens Beaches, Dolphins, and Sand Dunes Trip Summary
If you book our Port Stephens day tour, we promise to show you paradise! Port Stephens is just over two hours from Sydney and worth a visit all year round. It boosts 26 stunning golden beaches, National Parks, diverse marine life and is a great little Sydney escape. See playful dolphins, explore stunning beaches, take a 4WD trip on the beach, and slide down huge dunes. If you love nature and adventure, this is the trip for you!
- One of our awesome guides will pick you up early in the morning, and soon you’ll find yourself going over the Sydney Harbour Bridge towards the mid-north coast of New South Wales. We have a brief refreshment stop on the way.
- Our first destination is Birubi Point, at the northern end of 30km long Stockton Beach. Here you jump in a big 4WD and cruise over the huge Anna Bay dunes to find the biggest drops possible to go down. Embrace the challenge, take a deep breath and whizz down huge the sand dunes on a boards especially designed to fly down sand!
- After a break for lunch (own expense), you board a boat to go dolphin watching.The region is home to over 150 playful bottlenose dolphins who are known to play around the boat. With a café on board, relax and look out for the wonderful dolphins that love surfing the bow waves and getting up close to take a look at you!
- From June to October you can upgrade to our whale watching cruise. The annual whale migration takes place around this time, with plenty of whales playfully showing off some acrobatics as they make their way along the coast.
- Back in Nelson Bay, enjoy some free time to browse the local shops, buy an ice-cream or souvenir and take in the relaxed, friendly coastal local atmosphere.
- We complete the day with a stop at a lookout with majestic views over the coast and hinterland looking north along more stretches or pristine beaches
Central Station, St Laurence Church @ 7:15am. Meet at the front entrance of St Laurence Church, 812 George Street, near Central Station.
Sydney Town Hall – St Andrew’s Cathedral @ 7:30am. Bathurst St, 50 metres from cnr of George & Bathurst St
Circular Quay – Macquarie Place Park @ 7:45 am. In front of the Obelisk, corner Loftus St and Bridge St
We’ll drop you back off at your pick up location or in the city @ approximately 7:00pm